Ioanne the Warrior Church in Moscow
The church of the holy martyr Ioanne the Warrior is situated im Moscow center opposite merchant Igumnov's house.
It was built in the 18th century on the personal order of Peter the Great. Together with the plan of construction he sent 300 golden coins. The church bears the name of the holy martyr Ioanne the Warrior.
Outside architectural forms have never changed since that time. As for the inside interiors they survived many changes. The first fresco painting was made in the end of the 18th century by Gavriil Domozhirov. And in the 60s of the 19th century it was changed by the paintings on Chernov's sketches.
In 1812 the church was befouled and devastated by French and local rascals. But at the same time it was lucky to escape big fire in Moscow.
Time passed and the church was restored inside.
Nowadays this church is deeply honoured by the Christians. One of the reasons is that many relics are stored inside of it. Among them are reliquiae of 150 saints, pieces of the Holy Sepulcher, piece of God's robe, stone from Iordan.